Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thoughts From a Boat

October 5, 2010

I’m writing from a small boat heading up the Ucayali river. We are on our 2nd big campaign. We are going to be visiting a few villages off the river to do dental and medical clinics. The river is spotted with long skinny boats carrying snoozing passengers and their luggage. Herons can be seen on the coast and the motor constantly hums.

We’re going to be spending four days here on the river, really roughing it. I think I’ll be sleeping in my hammock for the next few nights. I’ve also heard this is where I’ll probably be getting diarrhea. Fun. For now I’m just enjoying the adventure. We’ll see how excited I am after the first day.

2 comments:

  1. janessa you are so brave! i would be freaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the anticipation...of diarrhea...haha. I hope you luck out!

    ReplyDelete