Thursday, February 24, 2011

There´s a Badge for That

It´s rainy yet again. This time I´m prepared for it. I´m wearing my rain jacket/trench coat, quick dry pants, and rain boots. I look pretty ridiculous trudging around Pucallpa, especially with my bag under my jacket. I´m something similar to the Hunchback of Notre Dame. But, you know, I could care less what I look like, I´m dry. I mentioned something to Rebecca about how I wondered if I would be as carefree when I return home. I really hope so. I like not wearing any makeup, mismatched clothes, and (ok, some of you may barf, and it´s taking me some courage to say this publically) not shaving my legs everyday. Ok, go ahead, barf, do whatever you need to do to get that picture out of your mind. But seriously, I like this new part of me, being carefree. Yeah, so I´ll probably return to shaving my legs regularly when I get home, it´s a cultural thing, and I really don´t like it when people vomit.

Since being here I have started a Pathfinder program. Think I´ve mentioned that once or twice before. I´m looking up activities to do with the kids. Looking through the Pathfinder honors manual online is very interesting, and slightly entertaining. Who knew you could receive a little badge for so many things. Here are some of my favorites:

Aboriginal Lore
Life saving
Tree Climbing
Unicycling
Laundering
Cattle Husbandry (like Temple Grandin!)
Pigeon Raising
Small Fruit Growing
Antelopes

Think we´ll just go with kite making this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment