Thursday, November 24, 2011

Reminiscing a Peruvian Thanksgiving

As I prepare for Thanksgiving dinner here in Florida, I have been reminiscing Thanksgiving in Peru. Cooking in a tiny roach infested kitchen, having everyone involved in the preparation, the boys playing futbol in the yard,]; it was one of the most memorable Thanksgivings I've ever had. I'll never forget the whole Peruvian family gathered around the table sharing all the things we were thankful for in our broken Spanish. I discovered it's not the location that makes Thanksgiving special, it's the people gathered around the table. Feliz Dia de Gracia, Happy Thanksgiving!









1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great Thanksgiving. I'll probably remember my students eating turkey sandwiches with me for a while, too. Those were some good times. (I said it.)

    ReplyDelete